Layout

ModCloths

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Review 0.2 / Revlon Colorstay + Scandaleyes Retro Glam Rimmel mascara


 Hello everybody! I thought I could do a review since it's been awhile I haven't done one and I've been trying tons of new makeup. 

My basic makeup face consist of a cat eye and mascara. So, I'm really into trying out new eyeliner and mascara as I'm always looking for the perfect fit for myself. 



 Last week I bought the Revlon Colorstay liquid eye pen in the shade 01 Blackest Black because I saw Tanya Burr doing a Emma Stone look. I thought it would be a perfect tool to get these flicks. I was right. The first time I used my pen, I did a cat eye I never though was possible. It was perfect, I thought I found the one.  The tip of the pen makes it easy to wings out the line. It's very precise, which I love for a very flicker-y cat eye look. I knew a product so nice would have a bad side. The con is a massive buzz kill. The pen runs out very fast. The second time I used it, it felt empty and it was hard to re-do the so-perfect line I did. It's as if the liquid was drying out in the pen. I couldn't manage to draw another perfect line. I needed to add so much layer but by the time I was doing so, it was dry and smudgy so I had to used another liquid eyeliner to cover the flaws of overlaying. I guess Tanya used it once for the Emma Stone look but wasn't aware of this fact yet.

However, I did love how easy it was to draw a cateye and it does last long. I was so obsessed with the first one I did, I wanted to go back there so badly! I did try to put the pen upside down when I wasn't using it, so the liquid could stay on the tip of the pen but it doesn't do miracle. All in all, I don't suggest you to purchase this pen because of this very reason. I'll keep looking for my perfect eyeliner.


 The second product I want to review is the Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara by Rimmel in the shade 003 Extreme Black. I love this mascara, it's one of my empty-repurchased product. You don't need to work too hard to get the nice curvy look, so the bottle last long. It adds volume and length to the lashes and I always get compliments when I wear this mascara. The curvy brush gives the shape à la Audrey Hepburn super curvy and you add your perfect cat eye and you're ready to go. It's a very nice drugstore product that I think is the cheapest version of the Roller Lash mascara by Benefit.

I do recommend this mascara. It does give you a super glamorous retro look and doesn't need a tons of layering to get this curvy lashes look.

 What is your favourite eyeliner and mascara?
Have you tried any of these products, did you like them?


 photo signature1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...