Layout

ModCloths

Friday, June 7, 2013

Makeup / Beauty June Wish List Budget!

Howdy do every one!

After watching tons and tons of May favorites I came to the conclusion that I can't go trough my subscriptions uploads videos without creating a mental wish list! So, may is now over and I also did my own May Favorites video, I want some products for June! Surprise, surprise! Here is the wish list for the month of June! Most products are from YouTuber I follow and was on their monthly favorites. So here we go!

The first makeup product I really really want to have, it's this gorgeous absolutely marvelous Yves Saint Laurent lipstick. Everyone was raving about these lipstick and I just can agree, the colors of this line especially, which is Rouge Volupte Shine, is so pretty. I spotted the color #12 which is Corail Incandescent. YSL is, I have to say, expensive, but it's a high fashion makeup brand so we have to deal with the fact, well in my case, I can't always get la crème de la crème. Not that drugstore makeup line are bad but you know, I love being fancy a bit! 34$




The next product I want to try is a coral blush. I'm always buying true pink, sweet pinky or dark pink blush and I never think of buying something more extravagant and I just want to get out of my comfort zone a bit so I went on Sephora to check their blush and I found this lovely coraly colour called Torrid. I love the shimmery in this blush, I love the summer feel and I just think the product goes well with it's name! Again, NARS makeup line is a little bit expensive but I just can't get my eyes off this wonderful sparkling colour! 29$

To complete this facial summer look, I want a bronzer to add under the cheekbones to define and sculpt my face a bit. I don't really am familiar with bronzer/sculpting color or product because I never felt the need to do so, but like I said, I want to go out of my comfort zone and this is something I wouldn't do normally.


The bronzer I choose is from TARTE and I heard a lot of good thing about that brand, but I personally haven't try this one yet. The reason why is that I didn't need anything but there's my chance to try this brand. As I said, I am not familiar with the bronzer effect on my face so I choose something natural but still showy. I don't see the point of wearing a bronzer if we can't tell the difference. So here's what I choose, it's called Park Avenue Princess Matte! I love this name! So as you can see with the photo, this bronzer doesn't have any shimmery effect and I just don't want to add too much glitter and shimmer on my face. The blush has some, my eyes, my lips... well I don't want to look like a disco ball. It just don't suit me well. This product is from the line Matte Waterproof Bronzer and I just think it's might be quite practical for the summer season because we get hot, wet, we sweat more than during the winter... well you know, sometime your makeup might fade faster and with the waterproof guarantee, I'll feel more safe. 29$ 

FYI: NARS has blush and bronzer duo compact, which I think it's so great but they don't have the coral blush in this duo, but if you're saving but still want to get so fancy stuff I think it ca be a great deal! This is the duo I'd choose. Orgasm blush (peachy pink shimmer) and Laguna bronzer. (sheer light brown shimmer) 41$






NOTA: So, I'm done with the fancy expensive stuff, I'll spoil my budget in a snap! For now on my June wish list costs 92$! This is if I don't buy the NARS duo, but if I do it will cost 75$, wich is 17$ less than the first choice. I just add this nota to show you how a wish list can get freaking high and if you have other stuff to prioritize in your budget you should maybe go with the 75$. Maybe I will go for that one instead of the other because I need my money for some other stuff but I just don't want people to think that, just because it's fancy it works better. You can find equal products, you just need to compromise and be wise. In the next part of this article I'll do a drugstore wish list.


As much as I love going trough the fancy counters I also love the drugstores. Obviously because it's cheaper. I went for the Color Burst Lip Butter line from Revlon. They have many cute colors and the one I fell in love with is the Tutti Frutti. I love the orange, coral tone of it. I think the orange lipsticks is a trend right now and I totally am going to try some because I think it looks perfect for the summer! And it's totally affordable! The photo look a lot more pigmented than what it actually is it's more like a pigmented gloss than a lipstick. 5,99$




The next product I want is a coral blush, so I looked for it and what I found is gorgeous. Just look at the photo how lovely it is! It as a mixture of shimmer, coral and a slight touch of gold. It is just beautiful to look.








It's the Baked Powder by Milani and this color is Corallina. I just think it's a perfect coral blush! 6,37$

The next item I wanted to add to my makeup collection is a bronzer. I really want to find 'THE' bronzer. As I said, I am not looking for something too shimmery and I found the Fit Me line in Light Bronze by Maybelline really practical because you have different shade wich I think it's a little more rare with the some drugstores line, I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I wanted to go with the Rimmel Bronzer Pressed Powder but I think it's way to dark for me so this one is quite an in-between. 4,40$


And last but not least, I want some new brushes and I think I might get brushes before anything there because I am literally running out of brushes, how does something like that can happen? Anyway, the brushes I want are really good and cheap. A mac brush tend to costs at least 15$ and up. This for only one brush. I don't know why brushes are that expensive, I am definitely not a makeup artist but I just think it's crazy. The brushes I spotted are from Real Techniques. I found them ridiculously cheap for brushes.

The one I want the most is the Starter Set. It includes 5 real size brushes for your eyes and a case. All of this for only 18$.

The other set of brushes I want from Real Techniques is the Core Collection for the base. It includes 4 real size brushes for 18$ as well.




So the Drugstore budget costs 16,76$! Which is 75,24$ less than the first wish list or 58,24$ less than the duo blush first wish list option.

Final Budget with brushes
  • First Choice (Fancy makeup) - 128$
  • Second Choice (Blush duo instead) - 111$
  • Third Choice (Drugstores) -  52,76$
I am not saying that it's bad to purchase fancy makeup, I'm just saying that if you're living with a thigh budget you need to know how to do compromises. I will probably buy the YSL lipstick, the Revlon lipbutter, the Nars blush, the Fit Me bronzer and the brushes. There's many many combinations so you don't HAVE TO do one or another or you can just save and put your wish list on a larger deadline or however you want it to be. But just remember to pay the rent before!


Leena Liddell xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...